Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Week of School

Well the first week of school started off with a bang! I'm so glad it's over! There has been so much going on, I didn't know if I'd be able to keep it all straight.
I have a really strange school schedule, I'm not sure if I'm going to be enrolled in one of my classes yet, I had to get use to my new work schedule and only working a few hours and my husband had two band practices and two shows this week that I'm helping out with.

On the first day, I was kind of in denial that school was really starting and that I didn't have to go to work. I was worried about all the logistics of getting through traffic to get to the campus on time, finding a parking place, taking the long walk from the parking lot to the classroom, finding my classroom and finding a seat.

Well everything went fine and I had a great first day. I was so happy to be there. It's now the end of the third week and I think I have a handle on my schedule and everything that I'm suppose to do. I was patient (because I knew it was yet another lesson in patience) and I was added to the Statistics class I was waiting for. I'm going to have to be reading constantly to keep up with my assignments. It's all good though.

I was going to write more details about the first week, but I've kind of forgotten them by now. It was pretty euphoric, but now I'm feeling more realistic. More realistic about a lot of things I guess. I don't know how much I'll be able to update my blog during the semester. Even now I feel guilty, like I should be reading!


Here is the view across the entryway to the building called "The Bell Tower" where all of my classes are held. I've come out here after class on a number of occasions to call my husband on my phone. In this warm, muggy weather we've been having it's the coolest spot on campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment