Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Day


What a beautiful way to start out the new year! Was such a wintery kind of day, finally. I took two bike rides. One from my husband's work to my brother's house, where I took these photos. Then another with my family from their house down their road for a couple of miles. It was something we had never done all together before, and I hadn't ridden there for over 20 years! It was a fun ride, feeling like we were on vacation right next to home! I love times like that. All we need sometimes is a little change of perspective.
Afterwards we had dinner, looked at 600 photos on my brother's camera from just the last month, played Wii and watched the movie "Up"! During that time I also got a nap in. It was a fun night!

Today I stayed home with a sinus headache and started to reluctantly put Christmas away. Every year I'm reluctant to start the Christmas season and then when it's over, I'm sad! Time marches on though. I have two more weeks of my break until I go back to school. Hopefully I can be a little more productive in that time. Right now, I just feel hopelessly lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment