I went to a different part of the country last weekend, hoping to experience some "real" winter weather. I did get a little taste of some cold air and some snow, but mainly experienced blue, cloudless skies and 40 degree temperatures! I guess the Sunshine follows me wherever I go. It did rain a little bit on our trip back home, but not enough to be real bother.
It was a beautiful trip, despite being sick with a cold for most of it and driving 3 days to spend one day in our destination. I find myself missing it now and I want to go back when I'm feeling better to get an accurate idea of what it was really like there! We may travel to a different State in the same region in the next couple of months.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from our journey. Our pictures aren't the greatest this time, due to laziness and time constraints.

View from our room the first night.

Arizona

80 mph in Utah!

Heading East on I-80

We have snow in Wyo!

Use that wind!

The University

Prexy's Pasture

Dino!

A nice street next to the University.

Overview of Laramie. The two tallest buildings are the Residence Halls and are the tallest in the state.

Greenbelt area next to the river. There are 5 miles of bike trails.

Almost a whole dollar cheaper than at home. Note the name of the gas station.

Our home for two nights.

Took a short side trip off the Interstate.


Now there's some snow (and a train)

Sinclair refinery.

Rawlins

Rock Springs

More interstate driving

Green River. The origin of the Powell Expedition.

Railroad roundhouse in Evanston

View outside of our room the last night in Utah.

Almost back home.
Wow what beautiful country. It looks like you had a good time. Can't wait to see more.
ReplyDelete